The British Dental Association (BDA) is the professional association and trade union for dentists in the United Kingdom and was founded in 1880.
The NEPD is a network of private dentists in the North East of England. The group helps both dentists and patients by furthering the development of independent private practices in the area.
The GDC is the regulatory body of the dental profession. We register all qualified dentists, dental hygienists and dental therapists who wish to practise dentistry and provide them with a licence to practise in the United Kingdom.
When you go smokefree, you are up to four times more likely to succeed if you use NHS support and stop smoking medicines such as patches or gum to manage your cravings.
The Mouth Cancer Foundation is dedicated to supporting people with mouth, throat and other head & neck cancer face the crisis of cancer.
In the past, people had to accept their dental health condition. Today, thanks to Nobel Biocare’s cosmetic dentistry and dental implant solutions, those with concerns about their appearance and dental health no longer have to live without a beautiful smile.
NobelBiocare are the pioneers of All-on-4 and suppliers of genuine components.
Matrix is a state of the art dental laboratory set in the West Penine Moors who craft beautiful ceramic smiles for our clients.
At Dovetail we take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to customers’ concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service which we provide is Mrs H.Wain, our Complaints Manager.
- If a patient complains on the telephone or in person, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer him or her to the Complaints Manager immediately. If the Complaints Manager is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when they will be available and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
- If the patient complains in writing, the letter or email will be passed on immediately to the Complaints Manager.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within three working days.
- We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to them on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be made to:
The Dental Complaints Service, The Lansdowne Building, 2 Lansdowne Road, Croydon, Greater London CR9 2ER (Telephone: 08456 120 540) for complaints about private treatment
The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ (Telephone: 0845 222 4141), the dentists’ regulatory body for complaints about professional misconduct.
Dovetail Dental Bespoke Dental Solutions is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Dovetail is a private practice and we do not offer NHS treatment.
All treatments are unique and as such the cost associated with each treatment is also unique. We offer an individual written estimate before treatment commences. The example prices listed below are intended to offer guidelines only.
|Comprehensive evaluation, report and explanation||From £100|
|Metal free crowns||From £400|
|Single tooth implant||From £1950|
|Teeth in a day||From £13950|
|Orthodontic aligners (both jaws)||From £2500|
We offer interest free finance (subject to status) to assist in spreading out the cost of treatment.